These are my New Year’s resolutions, raw and unedited, so beware. I’m tagging this for the girl folk because I need the therapeutic benefit of a little female sympathy and understanding over here. Men peek at your own risk. So here goes …
- I have a new love for elastic waist pants so therefore I will wear elastic waist pants … whenever I want.
- I have always wanted to try that plum hair colour. It WILL happen!
- If I want to cry over a sappy movie I will cry until my nose runs, and I will not pretend it is allergies.
- Yes, I use my husband’s shaver for my legs. It works really swell. I have no plans to change this. Do not mention this to him please.
- I told myself that I have enough jewellery. I was wrong. I may need more bling.
- Anyone who has over a “D” cup should be exempt from wearing a life jacket. The coast guard should know this.
- Panty hose are from hell. I am not wearing them.
- I will evaluate the following throughout the year: “too many shoes” “too much shopping” “too much sugar.” I will let you know how that goes.
- If I don’t park the car between the lines the first time, there is stays. Suck it up. Don’t be a cry baby.
- Since when did they come up with those “stork” parking spaces at the mall? As far as I am concerned, they owe me 36 months retroactive parking spots. I’m caching in.
- I refuse to wear anything with the words “support” or “control” on it. There are just some things that have a mind of their own.
- Of course Costco samples counts as supper and I ain’t cooking. If you are still hungry go back through the lines again.
- Chartreuse is a colour, as well as Fuchsia, Eggplant, and Eggshell. I am not explaining this intricate and complex concept anymore.
- Yes, chocolate is a staple food, the same as butter, eggs, bread, and milk. Need I explain this?
- This year I am celebrating everything … cellulite, wrinkles, gray hairs, menopause, and my new mustache. Who will celebrate these gifts with me??
- There is no such thing as too many Girl’s Nights Out! Who’s in?!
- There is no scripture to go with this devotional.
What are your plans? Do tell!
Copyright 2011 December 31 Cyndi den Otter – All Rights Reserved May be used with author’s permission